Who would have thought a crustless pizza made into a pepperoni pizza wrap would taste so good? In fact, considering how amazing this pizza wrap tastes, who needs carbs when you can do magic with a sprinkle of cheese and some pepperoni slices? If you’re on the keto diet add this delicious crust less pepperoni pizza wrap to your menu – your taste buds will thank you!
Crustless Pizza, Pepperoni Pizza Wrap, It Doesn’t Matter!
Do you want to know how much I love pizza? I love pizza so much that I can make a pizza with pretty much anything. All you need is some cheese and toppings.
Now that I just finish typing that, I came to the realization that I may have a problem. It’s pizza, though, so that is a problem I don’t mind having.
Since I have this problem it comes as no surprise that I created a crustless pizza recipe made using Mexican cheese or mozzarella cheese.
What Pizza Place Makes Crustless Pizza?
As a pizza connoisseur who has been around the Dallas Forth Worth area, I have never been to a pizza place that makes crustless pizza. I can’t even think of a place that makes low-carb pizza.
With that being said, the beauty of this recipe is that you don’t need to find a pizza place that makes crustless pizza when you can make it yourself.
The cheese itself is pretty much the crust. Some mozzarella, a Mexican blend cheese, or any cheese you would like to use, and you got yourself a killer recipe.
How Many Carbs Are In Crustless Pizza?
This recipe doesn’t use any bread, so by design, this is a low-carb recipe. The amount of carbs in this recipe varies on what ingredients you use.
For instance, using turkey pepperoni, sauce, and Mexican blend cheese the carbs would come out to be 16 grams.
If I were to go light on the sauce and use ¼ of a cup of tomato sauce, the carbs would go down to 9.5 grams.
Depending on what type of sauce you use, the grams of carbs may be even lower than that.
Is Crustless Pizza Keto?
Since this pizza wrap is crustless the carbs count is low. Since the carb count is low this recipe is keto-friendly.
How Do You Make Pepperoni Pizza Wraps?
For this recipe, the best way to make the wrap is to cook the cheese on parchment paper.
Once everything is done cooking, let it sit for a while until the food cools off.
At that point, you are able to wrap the cheese up without making a mess and most importantly without burning your fingers.
What Is The Best Cheese To Use For Pizza?
If you have been reading from the beginning up to now, I think you have an idea of my response to this question. I will give my answer anyway.
Mexican blend cheese and mozzarella in my opinion are the best cheeses to use for this. My other recommendation is using cheddar cheese, but by all means, any cheese would probably work.
What Kind Of Cheese Do Pizzerias Use?
Most pizzerias would go with mozzarella for their pizza. I, on the other hand, would go with Mexican blend cheese just because it is a blend of multiple kinds of cheese that taste great together.
Plus, I like eating things that are different from the norm.
Making The Crust less Pepperoni Pizza Wrap Recipe
Serving Size: 1
- Crust Less Pepperoni Pizza
- 1 Cup of Mexican Blended Cheese (Mozzarella and cheddar are good cheeses to use as well)
- 7-25 Turkey Pepperoni or Regular Pepperoni (The amount of pepperoni is varied based on your liking)
- ½ Cup of Tomato sauce (1/4 cup if you want to go light on the tomato sauce)
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Stove Top (Optional)
- Skillet (Optional)
- Oil Spray
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grab your parchment paper and put it on top of the cookie sheet. Next put the cheese on the parchment paper and spread it out.
Don’t spread it out too much because the cheese will serve as a crust to hold everything together. Also, put the pepperoni on top of the cheese.
Cooking the Cheese And Pepperoni
When the oven is ready, let the cheese cook for 5 minutes. Take the cheese out of the oven and add the sauce on top.
Crust Less Pepperoni Pizza Wrap And Chill
Before wrapping the crustless pepperoni pizza, let it cool for 3-5 minutes. The cooling process is important because if you try to do anything to the cheese while it is still hot, it will not hold together.
After the cheese cools down, you can grab the end of the pizza and tightly wrap it. Now you have a pizza wrap!
Using A Skillet To Make Crust Less Pepperoni Pizza Wrap
So you want some delicious crustless pepperoni pizza wrap, but you don’t want to use the oven! Well, I got you! If you prefer using a skillet over the oven, follow the steps below.
- First, spray the skillet so that the cheese doesn’t stick.
- Place the cheese in the skillet.
- Next, position the pepperoni on top of the cheese.
- Cook 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Place the sauce on your crust less pepperoni pizza and let it cool down for 3-5 minutes.
- After your crust less pizza pepperoni pizza is cool, wrap the pizza up to make the pepperoni pizza wrap.
A Slice of Pepperoni Crustless Pizza Wrap
If you prefer to slice the pizza over wrapping it, then that is fine. Whether slice or wrapped, the cooling process is still essential and should still be used regardless of the method you choose to serve your crustless pizza wrap.
Enjoy Your Low Carb Pizza!
Who said you have to intake a lot of carbs to enjoy a pizza? Who said you got to get your hands dirty making pizza dough?
Last but certainly not least, who said to eat low-carb pizza it got to be made out of cauliflower? I’m genuinely asking these questions because I don’t know who said these things.
In other words, regardless of the circumstances, enjoy your pizza. I mean, whoever regretted eating some good pizza?
Crustless Pizza Pepperoni Pizza Wrap Recipe
Supplies and Equipment
- Parchment Paper
- 7-25 Pieces Pepperoni Turkey Pepperoni Is A Substitute
- 1 Cup Mexican Blended Cheese Mozzarella Is A Substitute
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce Use 1/4 Cup To Go Light
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grab your parchment paper and put it on top of the cookie sheet. Next put the cheese on the parchment paper and spread it out.
- Don’t spread it out too much because the cheese will serve as a crust to hold everything together. Also, put the pepperoni on top of the cheese.
Cooking the Cheese And Pepperoni
- When the oven is ready let the cheese cook for 5 minutes. Take the cheese out of the oven and add the sauce on top.
Cool Down Process
- Let it cool for 3-5 minutes. The cooling process is important because if you try to do anything to the cheese while it is still hot it will not hold together.
- After the cheese cools down, you can grab the end of the pizza and tightly wrap it. Now you have a pizza wrap!
Using A Skillet (Optional)
- If you prefer to use a skillet over the oven, then follow these steps. Spray the skillet so that the cheese doesn't stick, then place the cheese in the skillet.
- Next, position the pepperoni on top of the cheese and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat. Place the sauce on your crustless pizza and let it cool down for 3-5 minutes.
- After that, wrap the pizza up to make the pepperoni pizza wrap.