I live a crusty-free life. I do not hang around crusty people, I do not participate in crusty activities. Furthermore, I don't even like Crusty the Clown. On the contrary, when it comes to a delicious easy homemade savory pie crust recipe, I have to make an exception.
Place all the ingredients into a stand mixer and mix the ingredients on a medium speed for a few minutes.
After the ingredients are mixed together, sprinkle some flour on a clean cool surface and use that surface to form two even sets of pastry dough.
Once the sets are formed into two round balls, wrap each pastry dough in plastic wrap, then place them in the freezer to chill for about 30 minutes.
Creating Your Pie Crust
Take one pastry dough out of the freezer, then use your rolling pin to roll it out into a flat disk.
Now, place that flat pastry disk into a glass pie pan, then place it in the fridge to prevent your pie crust from getting warm.
Creating The Top Layer Of Your Pie
Now remove the last pastry dough from the freezer and divide the dough into two portions, with one portion containing an estimate of about 75% of the pastry dough and the other contain an estimate of about 25%.
After separating the dough into the portions noted above, flattened out the 75% pastry dough portion into a round disk.
Now, using a pastry cutter, pizza cutter, or even a knife, cut the disk into strips and set these strips aside.
So finally, roll out the last portion of the pastry dough (the portion with 25%) then use your pie cutters or pie stamps to create your decorations.
Assemble Your Pie
Remove your pie crust from the fridge, add the filler, then continue by adding the top layer to the pie.
When creating the top layer of the pie, the strips will overlap one another.
Once that is done, decorate the top layer by adding your decorations to the top of the pie.